Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Heh heh, I said turd.....

Just ordered a roasted turkey for Christmas eve last night. Looked through the menu as I ordered the stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Those of you who do know me, know how much I love food. I even worked as a chef several times during my uni days. Anyway, what I noticed was that the restaurant also sells roasted ducks and chickens....... which brings me to something I have always wanted to try. A turducken!!!

What is a turducken you ask? The turducken is a Frankenstein creation whereby a chicken is stuffed into a duck, which is then stuffed into a turkey. Now, if you are a real man like me, you will know why that just makes me feel soooooooooo happy.



Now, a turducken is a 3 bird roast. As impressive as that is, the record is a RĂ´ti Sans Pareil, or "Roast without equal", made in the 19th Century for a royal feast, which is a 17 bird roast. This delicious sounding monstrosity is a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, a Ortolan Bunting and a Garden Warbler. This cannot be created anymore as many of those birds are on the endangered species list.

The best one can come up with in our modern era is a 10 bird roast, made by Chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, who created a 10 bird roast which consists of a turkey stuffed with a goose, duck, mallard, guinea fowl, chicken, pheasant, partridge, pigeon and woodcock.

Click here for the article.

Anyway, keep your tongue in your mouth, here I present you, the Turducken:



Here is a video with a similar concept, that also makes me sooooo happy:


Taco Town - Watch a funny movie here
Too bad its a SNL skit, not a real restaurant offering.

TACO TOWN!!!!

Real Taco Town creation:






No comments: